About our animation spark
My name is Maria and I am a professional animator with 25 years experience in the film and TV industry.
I founded The Animation Spark after teaching my then seven-year-old son to make short animated films. He loved it, picked it up easily and was so proud of his first 'movie'!
I decided to develop animation workshops so that other children could have the same opportunity to learn an amazing and fun new skill in a safe, friendly environment.
Our animation workshops can help your child explore their creativity, develop leadership skills, work in a team, learn to be patient, and create something they can be proud of.
I have been working in animation for my entire career. Over the years I have worked on films including "Legend of the Guardians. Owls of GaHool", "Happy Feet 2" "Walking with Dinosaurs", "Ghost Busters", and "Guardians of the Galaxy 2". To sum up, I have worked on many other projects in TV, commercials and games.
Since 2015 I have been a 2D/3D animation lecturer at the University of Technology Sydney. And I love teaching! Every year is an exciting challenge guiding my students through the principles of animation. Above all, I take great pride in seeing my students progress and grow in confidence and creativity.
I believe, that primary school students are the perfect age to start learning the basics of animation. They have inventive imaginations and are not afraid to try new things.
Animation is now a part of our childhood. Animated films tell exciting stories, entertain us, and teach us valuable life lessons. It is an industry I love and I look forward to sharing my skills and helping your child explore the wonderful world of animation.
Grad Cert HETL (UTS)
Grad Cert in 2D Animation (VGIK)
Here is my Showreel on Vimeo.
Create. Animate. Educate.
ONLINE animation workshops
Learn from professional animators!
ONLINE animation workshops for kids ages 6-12
About the course:
– In a fun, friendly environment, your child will be encouraged to unleash their creativity and produce something they will be super proud of.
– Workshops are taught by a professional animator in a 1-hour weekly class.
– Each week, kids will watch a short tutorial and demonstration where the professional animator will explain the guidelines for creating their animation.
– They will then work together, in real-time, to create their own masterpieces.
– Students will produce several short animations throughout the course, learning how to use the Stop Motion App and exploring different styles of animation including claymation, cut-out and object.
– All our staff have valid WWCC certificates.
– You will also receive a starter box with all the essential craft materials you need for each class, delivered free! (Australia ONLY)
All you need to prepare:
1. Computer or tablet for ZOOM session.
2. Phone or tablet with Stop-Motion Studio PRO app. (approx. $5)
3. Any tripod to hold your phone or tablet HORIZONTALLY. Or you can make your own (you will receive instructions after booking the workshop)
Online animation workshops. Beginners (stage 1)8 weeks, w/c 25 July - 16 September
Pick a day!
After school TBC
Life ZOOM lessons with an animator
Craft box delivered to your door (conditions apply)